Session Six: Bringing It All Together
- Classical Concepts of Lighing
- Hard (including the sun) vs. soft
- Frontal vs. side
- Size of source
- The process of lighting
- Three-point lighting
- Bounced ambient
- Manzanita kitchen
- Chris Menges via Seamus McGarvey
- Show a still from Miracle of Silence
- Negative Fill
- Types of lighting instruments
- China ball
- Diffusion and gels
Finding your light
- Demo of finding light (and lens)
- Doing your own lighting (for video auditions, etc.)
- Cecily's set-up
- China ball/IKEA ravioli light
2) Conversation about Vanaja with director Rajnesh Domalpalli
3) What next?
Back to where we started: "Help create for others what you would create for yourself."
- What do you need/want to do more and better work?
- This workshop:
- Gallery of photos and bios online for everyone, as the creators of this resource.
- What form?
- What do we do with it?
- Anything beyond the online resource?
- Live sessions? Presented by our participants?
- Other workshops?
- More advanced continuation of this workshop (including shooting a real project)?
- Work with people from other crafts, or even storytellers from other forms?
- Smaller one-off workshops?
- Workshop about on-set logistics and interactions?
- Workshop on comedy?
- Workshop on character creation (in multiple discplines)?
- More work together?
- Stand-alone short works?
- Ongoing series of interlocking Portland stories?
- Individual efforts, supported by the others?
- Some form of support network -- to help one another with video auditions, etc.?
- Story Cooperative?